You would think it would be easy to work out how to turn a scanned document into a Word doc but it isn’t. Fortunately, it is easy to accomplish once you know what to do, just follow the steps below (borrowed from wikiHow):
1. Scan the page – our scanner will automatically save it as a PDF document.
2. Open the PDF, go to File> Save As and in the ‘Save as type’ field, select TIFF (below).
3. Open Document Imaging: Start> All Programs> Microsoft Office> Microsoft Office Tools> Microsoft Office Document Imaging.
4. Go to File> Open and browse for the TIFF file.
5. Click the Tools menu and select the ‘Send text to Word’ option. This will open a dialogue box, ignore it by clicking ok.
6. Once it has completed this action it will open the document in Word that will, from experience, look like a bucket of smashed crabs so I will leave you with the pleasure of editing your document into something resembling words.