eWorkspace can be used to send messages to staff, students and parents. The following describes the steps involved in sending a message to all the parents of students in a particular class:
The Parents By Class button is currently not working in eWorkspace. If you want to message a parent, the best way to do so is to go to the student’s details window and click on the parent’s email. To do so, follow the instructions below:
1. Log in to eWorkspace
2. In the top right-hand corner of the screen select students and the field next door will change into a drop down menu where you can select the student (pictured below).
3. Select the student. This will take you to their details. The mother’s email address is about half way down the left-hand column and the father’s email in the same spot in the middle column. Both of these are links and will open a new Outlook email where you can write your message.
Note: this will only work on a computer on which you have Outlook set up. If you don’t have it set up on the computer on which you are working, copy and paste the email into a new message in the online email system.
1. Log in to eWorkspace.
2. Go to My Messages in the menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
3. Click the New Message link (the green plus below the Inbox tab). If a new window doesn’t pop-up look for the message that appears about pop-ups, click it and allow pop-ups from the site.
4. Click the To button.
5. Select Parents By Class. This will create a field down the bottom of this screen with a list of all the classess.
6. Select the class that you want to send a message home to (i.e. 5LIBR) and click Add.
7. Click Return to Message. The selected class should appear in the To field and you can complete your message and send it.
Thanks LCB for the question! Let me know if this works.
Pingback: Messaging Parents in eWorkspace | Tim the Librarian